Immiland Canada, a renowned immigration consulting firm operating nonstop since 2016, helping thousands of international clients immigrate to Canada.
Based on our expertise we provide Canadian companies access to an expanding pool of International highly qualified workers in a cost-effective and timely manner.
Through our recruitment process, we are able to assess the applicants’ skill match to the requested position and guide both the employer and applicant through the immigration procedures.
We are looking for an experienced Production Manager to organize and oversee the manufacturing of goods. You will be ultimately responsible for the smooth running of all production lines and the quality of output.
We expect you to have deep know-how in production procedures. Ability to direct personnel towards maximum performance will set you apart as a leader. Decision-making and problem-solving will take up a great part of your day. If you are up to it, we’d like to talk to you.
The goal is to ensure an efficient and productive manufacturing process that meets customer requirements.
Industrial and manufacturing engineers conduct studies and develop and supervise programs to achieve the best use of equipment, human resources, technology, materials, and procedures to enhance efficiency and productivity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Study new machinery and facilities and recommend or select efficient combinations
- Develop flexible or integrated manufacturing systems and procedures
- Conduct studies and implement programs to determine optimum inventory levels for production and to allow optimum utilization of machinery, materials and resources
- Design, develop and conduct time studies and work simplification programs
- Determine human resource and skill requirements and develop training programs
- Develop performance standards, evaluation systems, and wage and incentive programs
- Conduct studies of the reliability and performance of plant facilities and production or administrative systems
- Establish programs and conduct studies to enhance industrial health and safety or to identify and correct fire and other hazards
- Supervise technicians, technologists, analysts, administrative staff, and other engineers.
- Manage plant personnel ensuring efficient use of labor and a high level of cleanliness;
- Lead production meetings (daily and monthly);
- Implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) (Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Motivation, Environment).
- Lead the monthly physical inventory process and analyze variations;
- Pilot and implement continuous improvement processes (for example, 5S, Lean manufacturing, etc.).
- Manage plant operations and maintenance.
- Work closely with quality control, nutrition, customer service, and logistics departments.
- A bachelor's degree in industrial engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required.
- A master's degree or doctorate in a related engineering discipline may be required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practice as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
- Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, and after three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering and passing a professional practice examination.
- 5-10 years of managerial or supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably a unionized environment (any relevant experience directly related to the position will be considered).
- Very good computer and ERP software knowledge.
- English Proficiency Medium to Native (B1/B2/C1/C2) desired.
- French Proficiency Medium to Native (B1/B2/C1/C2) desired.